No. of Recommendations: 2
take away their guns, and what do you get? Murder by the hundreds. Never stops

- ----

"With strict British laws making guns hard to obtain, knives have become the weapon of choice for members of London gangs, ..... more young people feel compelled to carry knives for their own protection, fueling a cycle of violence."

"the number of knife crimes in England and Wales jumped by 63% in the past four years, according to police statistics. Cities are the most affected areas with London hardest hit. Murders in the capital rose to 153 between April 2017 and March 2018, "

“The weapons we are coming across at the moment are zombie knives, specifically designed to cause major injury to human beings,” he said, describing a type of knife, banned in Britain, the size of a machete with serrated edges and jagged protrusions.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/britain-struggles-with-rise-in-...

In Britain, they use explosives for mass killings. Knives for your common street murders - like in Chicago...... and folks wind up just as dead, including innocent bystanders.

Oh, those 'killer knives' are illegal, but it doesn't seem to stop anyone from getting them.

t.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
How dare you interrupt their 2nd Amendment hate-fest? Have you no honor?
"How dare you interrupt their 2nd Amendment hate-fest? Have you no honor? "

They don't have a Second Amendment.

Second, the main reason we have a Second Amendment is because we kicked their butts out of the USA through warfare, and a good part of that was CITIZENS owning firearms and using them to slaughter the Redcoats. They were 'the government' at the time and people revolted. that is, we had a 'revolution of the people' to overthrow the corrupt British government that regulated, regulated, taxed, taxed and more taxed the working man to fund the lifestyles of the British elites, the royal family, etc.

t.
"the number of knife crimes in England and Wales jumped by 63% in the past four years, according to police statistics. Cities are the most affected areas with London hardest hit. Murders in the capital rose to 153 between April 2017 and March 2018,

So cities are the worst affected and Londen is the hardest hit, with a one year total of 153 murders.

Let’s run some comparisons, first by looking at Chicago, which can surely be labeled one of our “hardest hit” cities.

The population of London is 8.136 million, with a one year murder total of 153.

The population of Chicago is 2.176 million and total murders for 2017 were 650.

Notice anything when you compare those two cities?

With one quarter the population of London, Chicago managed to register a total murder number that was four times as great as London.

......which means that the per capita murder rate of Chicago is ~16 times greater than the per capita murder rate of London.

For giggles, let’s try Dallas

Population of Dallas= 1.341 million

Murders in Dallas during 2017 = 166

With one sixth the population of London, Dallas still managed to rack up 13 more murders than London.

If London is the hellhole that your article portrays, then Dallas must be six times worse.

Those knife wielders in London are looking more like novices when compared to their American cousins!
Interestingly, with 8.623 million people, NYC recorded a record low 290 homicides in 2017, which is still almost twice the homicides as the comparably sized London.
No. of Recommendations: 1
”Those knife wielders in London are looking more like novices when compared to their American cousins!”

Why don’t we just take their knives away and move that # to zero, eh ‘padre’?

Cheers,

Vile
NEVER SAY DIE!!!

Why don’t we just take their knives away and move that # to zero, eh ‘padre’?

What does that have to do with a comparison between murder rates of London and large American cities?
”What does that have to do with a comparison between murder rates of London and large American cities?”

Oh, gonna play stupid huh? Ok ‘padre’, I get it. Your less obvious point was that our gun culture causes thee high murder rates. I merely offered that Britain could bring it to zero if they just banned knives. See how those to relate now or do I need to draw you a picture?

Cheers,

Vile
NEVER SAY DIE!!!
Oh, gonna play stupid huh? Ok ‘padre’, I get it. Your less obvious point was that our gun culture causes thee high murder rates. I merely offered that Britain could bring it to zero if they just banned knives. See how those to relate now or do I need to draw you a picture?

Then my point should be obvious- gun culture Americans are much more efficient at killing people than those knife wielding Brits.

Since confiscation of weapons has never been an argument that I’ve made, I don’t have a clue why you brought it up, except that it fits your pattern of inserting irrelevancies in order to paint a negative picture of the person you are attacking
”Since confiscation of weapons has never been an argument that I’ve made, I don’t have a clue why you brought it up, except that it fits your pattern of inserting irrelevancies in order to paint a negative picture of the person you are attacking.”

I feel it necessary to point out it is you who has been launching the most personal attacks lately. I haven’t personally attacked you and certainly never used the ‘f’ bomb on you like you seem to like so lets stick with the facts.

You are in fact calling for infringement of my second amendment rights though you do personally refrain from an all out ban if I recall correctly. So lets not split hairs shall we?

Again, banning all knives will solve their remaining problem will it not?

Cheers,

Vile
NEVER SAY DIE!!!
Again, banning all knives will solve their remaining problem will it not?

Neither banning guns nor banning knives would accomplish their sought after results.

Both are unworkable and unrealistic goals.
"If London is the hellhole that your article portrays, then Dallas must be six times worse."

Actually, no since your figures likely didn't include the millions in the immediate suburbs of Dallas.....

There are close to 4 million in the Metroplex (Dallas Ft Worth).

And, take note....London crime rate rose 63% in 4 years. Where's it going to be in another 4 years? Keep importing those gang members.........

Meanwhile, Chicago kills enough to keep the perp population somewhat under control.....the worst kill the worst (plus a bunch of innocent civilians in the process).......with a lot of collateral damage, too.

And likely chicago stats don't include their suburbs like Cicero.....

t
Actually, no since your figures likely didn't include the millions in the immediate suburbs of Dallas...

The figures I used for both murders and population were for the city of Dallas and the city of London, so I was comparing apples to apples.