Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Tonight, I will be giving my two weeks notice to the country bar where I have worked for the past 3 1/2 years. The music I play from my HP laptop is at the highest bit rate and all store bought music . . . either from CDs or Rhapsody.

I do not want to leave my workmates in this bar without a collection of country music in digital files. (We have a backup book of CDs there, but it would take a new DJ a month or more to upload all that music, CD by CD.)The bar has an unused computer in the backroom. I want to take all the music from my laptop and upload to this unused computer via WAV files.

Question: do I need just a simple USB to USB wire? Or do I need something like a firewire?

Also, what steps does one take transferring music files such as everything on my Windows media contained in my laptop to the Windows media in the unused computer at the club? Meaning, in the past, I've had people transfer files to another bar's computer. Unfortunately, the music files never showed up in Windows media. How do I ensure all Windows Media files show up in the new Windows Media on the bar computer?
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.