Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm trying to fill out my tax form, but I'm puzzled. I invested in Schwab 1000 Fund for 1999. Before the year was over, I sold all my shares. The only change was the price of shares since I bought the fund in 1998. Over the period, I have bought in increments and finally sold all my shares in 1999. Since there was no dividends from the fund (fund is listed as very tax efficient), what form should I use? 1040 or 1040A?

Here are some other informaiton. My 1099-B listed all my sales of the fund. On my 1099-Div, capital gains distribution is 0.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.