Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Ok, this is my first message on all of the fools boards so don't laugh. Be patient with me.

I have what I hope is a small problem with my investment portfolio. I am a GM employee and as part of our stock savings program we have to allocate a portion of our investment into GM stock till such time as we are able to switch it to a Fidelity mutual fund of some type. I have only been buying the GM stock and participating in this reallocation of mutual funds for the past 10 years. I started out well, but most of you know it has been a bad year for "all" or most of the stock market, not just Mutual Funds, much less the Fidelities.

My problem lies in the part of the Fools book of investing that try not to ust mutual funds as your investing portfolio. Well, GM employees are stuck with this plan. SO!!!!!!! Here is my problem.

I am very confused as to what to do. I have recently purchased a lot of GM-H (20G) from my Fidelities, still have about 3-4G in reg. GM and a few hundred in BChips and OTC. About 20G is parked in the savings funds since I started panicing back about 3 months ago and was tired of the loses.

Anybody out there have any suggestions as to what I should do. Are any of you out there "educated" at this investing thing and know which of the GM approved Fidelities are a good purchase while this market is low. I am still reading the investing manual (about 1/2 way thru). I want to start making smarter decisions with my money for my retirement in 10 years.

Thanks for reading and hope to hear from somebody.
czh36b in michigan - gm flint
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.