No. of Recommendations: 0
MV, have you ever really spoken to people with a firm belief against abortion IRL?

Almost every one I've ever spoken to equates abortion with infanticide. For them, even formulating abortion as a decision between a woman, her doctor, and her partner is missing the most critical person of all - the baby. Small-government conservatives would never consider infanticide to be a private decision outside the regulation of government, and those who are against abortion share in that decision.
=============================================

Not, MV, but I do know some who are firm against abortion. The ones that I know are not the ones that say no gov paid health care.

Maybe those small government conservatives, who are against government subsidized health care are not anti-abortion conservatives.

I think there is too much of a tendency on the boards to lump people into the group based on one view they may have posted about.

That's why I tend to stay out of the discussions when it's "conservatives believe x" and "liberals believe y" when what individuals believe are all over the map.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.