Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 9
Probably finish down 0-2%, we'll see in a few days what the audited figures are. Not my best year stockpicking by any stretch of the imagination.

Top 5 positions, no real change this year:
GOOGL
AMZN
BKNG
MA
FB

Best 2018 trade: NFLX

Best option trade: JPM warrants

Worst trade: ANET

Worst short: EVI

Better late than never: TWLO [i.e. I have followed this name for quite some time and could have bought under $30.]

Best long: PTCT

Worst long: FB

Best sells: NFLX, SQ

Worst sales: Tencent

Shouldn't have ignored broken chart: STZ

Stocks spent most time waiting & watching to buy and still watching: WYNN, LB.

Worst ignoring of gut instinct: not taking profits in October on hi-beta names once the mass selloff began. Foolish or greedy, not sure why I ignore my gut when it's often right on bigger general market changes of sentiment.

Never felt less like a genius for beating the market again. No net short-term gains paid in 2018 at least. Did finally take nice profits in AIG.

Ah well, tomorrow is another year to have all this fun again!!

Naj

ps Go Iggles! Does anyone want to play St. Nick in the playoffs by this point? Shocked the Bears didn't want to crush awful Vikes at home this week instead of yesterday - they would have had a 10% shot at winning [imho] vs the Foles 40%.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.