Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 9
Probably finish down 0-2%, we'll see in a few days what the audited figures are. Not my best year stockpicking by any stretch of the imagination.

Top 5 positions, no real change this year:
GOOGL
AMZN
BKNG
MA
FB

Best 2018 trade: NFLX

Best option trade: JPM warrants

Worst trade: ANET

Worst short: EVI

Better late than never: TWLO [i.e. I have followed this name for quite some time and could have bought under $30.]

Best long: PTCT

Worst long: FB

Best sells: NFLX, SQ

Worst sales: Tencent

Shouldn't have ignored broken chart: STZ

Stocks spent most time waiting & watching to buy and still watching: WYNN, LB.

Worst ignoring of gut instinct: not taking profits in October on hi-beta names once the mass selloff began. Foolish or greedy, not sure why I ignore my gut when it's often right on bigger general market changes of sentiment.

Never felt less like a genius for beating the market again. No net short-term gains paid in 2018 at least. Did finally take nice profits in AIG.

Ah well, tomorrow is another year to have all this fun again!!

Naj

ps Go Iggles! Does anyone want to play St. Nick in the playoffs by this point? Shocked the Bears didn't want to crush awful Vikes at home this week instead of yesterday - they would have had a 10% shot at winning [imho] vs the Foles 40%.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Down 0.64% officially [Yay? :( ]. 2019 looking better so far.

Eyeballing ALNY and SRPT in the midcap biotech space. Not for the faint of heart. Definitely for long-term investors and those interested in gene therapies, RNA treatments.
No. of Recommendations: 0
I did start a position in ALNY sadly didn't buy enough before today's huge rally, and did not get into SRPT before the last two huge up days.
ps Go Iggles! Does anyone want to play St. Nick in the playoffs by this point? Shocked the Bears didn't want to crush awful Vikes at home this week instead of yesterday - they would have had a 10% shot at winning [imho] vs the Foles 40%.

Whoops!
ALNY up 8% since purchase, adding.
naj, how do you manage to generate so many ideas?

I stand in admiration of what you do...

any insights appreciated
No. of Recommendations: 3
I just talk to as many people as possible.

Also, lotsa biotech names trading at net cash or zero value for a pipeline full of potentially billion-dollar drugs.

I mean, is a mid-large cap biotech firm gonna go 0/4 on 3rd/2nd stage FDA approvals? Sure it's possible but highly unlikely. Value can't be zero, just can't be. And if they go 4/4 look out! Etc.

tl/dr; binary events are hard to value.
you talk to companies, fellow investors, analysts?

trying to generate more ideas myself...
No. of Recommendations: 2
Fellow investors mostly. Aligned interests and all that.