Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
As promised in tonight's report, here's a few sentences on each of my five finalists.

GE -- According to my calculations from the most recent 10Q, they pass all the numerical CK criteria.

Gross Margin -- 57.9%
Net Margin -- 8.4%
Leveraged Flow -- 0.11
Unleveraged Flow -- 0.61
Cash/Debt -- 1.77

Of course, the flow numbers are a little distorted because as discussed in my May reports on banks, they have a significant financial busindue in GE Capital.

They certainly pass the consumer mindshare idea as well with products like GE light bulbs, GE appliances (though this is NOT a repeat business) and NBC TV.

They have a wide assortment of global consumer brands.

The stock's performance over the years certainly speaks for itself.

Personally, I like the direction as well. EPS has grown by slightly over 13% each of the last 5 years and is expected to do about the same over the next 5.

Biggest shortcoming of this one is that they have a lot of "heavy" businesses.

Phil
Print the post Back To Top
<<GE -- According to my calculations from the most recent 10Q, they pass all the numerical CK criteria.

Gross Margin -- 57.9%
Net Margin -- 8.4%
Leveraged Flow -- 0.11
Unleveraged Flow -- 0.61
Cash/Debt -- 1.77>>

I line up with Phil on almost all points on GE, with one very important exception. GE is my #2 pick. Cisco is my #1. Zack's five-year growth rate for GE is 13.3%, which is nothing to be ashamed of. I believe that Cisco will deliver more (and so does Zack's consensus). Read on for how much more.
I line up with Phil on almost all points on GE, with one very important exception. GE is my #2 pick. Cisco is my #1.

FYI. I didn't really put my 5 finalists in ranked order.

Phil
<<FYI. I didn't really put my 5 finalists in ranked order.>>

Oops, Sorry about that.

I'll remain on record that Cisco is my #1 choice.

Al