Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
As promised in tonight's report, here are a few sentences on each of my five finalists.

Cisco -- According to my calculations from the most recent 10Q, they pass all the numerical CK criteria, other than the leveraged flow ratio (which they just miss).

Gross Margin -- 65.4%
Net Margin -- 14.1%
Leveraged Flow -- 1.31
Unleveraged Flow -- 1.31
Cash/Debt -- NO Long-Term Debt

They do fall short on consumer mindshare as consumers generally do not buy their products. But, they seem to have great mindshare among their core customers. Plus, everything I read makes it seem as if they are really becoming the dominant player in the networking industry.

The stock's performance over the years certainly speaks for itself.

Personally, I like the direction as well. EPS has grown by more than 65% over the last 5 years and is expected to grow just under 30% over the next 5.

Biggest shortcomings of this one is that they have a somewhat "heavy" business, and they turn their receivables over a little more slowly than I like to see (but this has been improving).

Phil

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.