Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 7
Since 2002 my portfolio has been mostly AAPL. This year I tried something different. I switched out most of my AAPL for TSLA. Given Apple's excellent growth this year that seems rather ill-timed, but it has worked out very well for me.

I ended the year with just my AAPL holdings being responsible for 37.4% growth in my entire portfolio. About 55% of that growth is from AAPL stock appreciation and dividends; the other 45% is from selling put options. In all, a great year for Apple investors, from which I profited handsomely.

The non-Apple part of my portfolio did really well too, enough so that my Apple holdings were in third place for gains (behind TSLA and NVDA). What a year! I've never seen one like it before and I never expect to see one like it again.

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.