No. of Recommendations: 0
My account is a taxable acct. I want to convert it to a Roth IRA within the same company (Vanguard). However, I have just realized that I have approx. 3200 in the taxable acct. and the Roth IRA's Max. is 2000 per year. If I converted the 2000, I will not have enough to keep the taxable acct. open because the min.
amount for that acct. is 3000. Thanks for your reply. I will have to work on saving some more money to open the IRA.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.