No. of Recommendations: 13
My advice is being proven right again, this week and last.

My reasons are, and have been, correct: Yields are, and have been, in a long-term downward trend because we live in a world awash in savings and deficient in demand. A world of excess supply. A world with very little, and diminishing inflation, because of the aforementioned. I've been saying this since I came onto the AOL version of this board in 1998 and urging people to nail down the yields on offer and protect themselves from call risk. I've done it myself, and I'm a happy camper as a result.

When the Fed tightened and raised short rates, it just reinforced the underlying trend to lower rates by stifling demand when it was not warranted. That's what I said at the time.

If you're a trader, would this advice have made you money in every year? No. I play the long game.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.