No. of Recommendations: 10
..cross post from: http://boards.fool.com/1081/apple-store-30403771.aspx

..ok, so I'm so freaking confused about how to upgrade the family into iPhones I decide to head to the Apple Store on 14th street today, to get the scoop..

..my son and I have old grandfathered 30 dollar/month unlimited data plans, while the wife and daughter have dumb phones..

..everyone wants a new iPhone..

..ok fine...but at issue is my iMatch service with 20+k songs, and being able to 'share' that service, while not sharing contact information and things like notes, or sms messages..

..now granted, it is the holiday rush and Apple has likely staffed up, but the first guy I met was as clueless as a paramecia at a Mensa gathering..

"no sir, that can't be done, no, apple doesn't do that, no, apple products aren't build for families, no, the software is only designed for one user, no you can't do that, I suggest you sign up for completely separate iTunes, iCloud accounts, no iMatch won't stream, no iMatch downloads all you music, blah, blah, blah"..

..at one point I'm about to stroke out, as I realize not only is this guy giving me bad information about what I don't know, he's friggan clueless about what I'm very familiar with..

..I ask where the bathroom is and excuse myself to go relieve myself..

..turns out the bathroom is is on the third floor, which is the "genius" section in its entirety..

..the first genius guy I see asks me if he can be of help, and, after shaking his head over my experience on the second floor, proceeds to fill me in on how to do everything I need to do in a matter of about 3 minutes..

..turns out the iPhone is sectioned into two main areas that can be set up using different Apple ID's, Cloud services, and iTunes/App store..

..so instantly, each family member can have their own cloud services via a distinct Apple ID, and each can join my iTunes account/imatch/app store via my Apple ID..

..voilà..

..so add 4 iPhone 5's and a mini, and iPad4 to my contribution to the quarter..

..huibs..
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.