Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

Basically I am trying to get rich using Dividend stocks. Here's how

I put the Market cap of over 1 billion, PE of under 20 (although I prefer to go lower), projected EPS growth positive, cash flow (from operating and net change in cash) has to be way positive, insider holding over 50% (not too important), has to have at least a little cash, PEG under 1, Beta under 1.4, five year EPS growth has to be positive, Net profit margin over 10% (also not too important), ROE under one, and most importantly, payout ratio under 40, dividend growth between 10% and 20%, and the bigger the dividend, the better (as long as the other criteria don't indicate that it's a dead company). Also I tried to spread out my investment to diffirent sectors.

This hyperlink is to the Yahoo! stock screener that I use, you can't set all the things listed above, but CAPS has almost all the rest, and I use Google finance for what it doesn't, as well as for my portfolio so I can see exactly how much money I've made...hopefully.

Feel free to leave comments and advice.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.