Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

Basically I am trying to get rich using Dividend stocks. Here's how

I put the Market cap of over 1 billion, PE of under 20 (although I prefer to go lower), projected EPS growth positive, cash flow (from operating and net change in cash) has to be way positive, insider holding over 50% (not too important), has to have at least a little cash, PEG under 1, Beta under 1.4, five year EPS growth has to be positive, Net profit margin over 10% (also not too important), ROE under one, and most importantly, payout ratio under 40, dividend growth between 10% and 20%, and the bigger the dividend, the better (as long as the other criteria don't indicate that it's a dead company). Also I tried to spread out my investment to diffirent sectors.

This hyperlink is to the Yahoo! stock screener that I use, you can't set all the things listed above, but CAPS has almost all the rest, and I use Google finance for what it doesn't, as well as for my portfolio so I can see exactly how much money I've made...hopefully.

Feel free to leave comments and advice.

Print the post Back To Top

Do you know what ROE means? Why would you want it under 1? Is that a typo?

In case that's not a typo and you don't know what it means, ROE is "Return On Equity," or one year's profit divided by the average shareholder equity for that year, usually expressed as a percentage. A higher ROE is usually taken to indicate a more efficient use of resources at management's disposal, though ROE can be inflated (some would argue "enhanced") using debt. If you control for debt, a high ROE can be a very good attribute to find in a company.

Oh, oops I actually meant debt to equity (which is a company's debt/shareholders equity). I had only thrown it into my formula a few days ago because fool suggested it. I think they have it as a decimal on CAPS, so I figured under 1 would be good. right?

Thanks for pointing that out, I'll change it right away.

Does anybody know how to edit blogs?