Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
My beverage of choice (when i'm not in a water mood):

Squeeze a half a lemon into a tall [12-16 oz] glass of water. Put the lemon rind in, and mash with a spoon to release zest & pulp. Add artificial sweetener to taste.

It ain't OJ, but it might be worth a try.

On a more hopeful note: My diabetes seems to be controllable by losing weight. While my weight is stable below 200 or [better still] declining, even an occasional carb bomb doesn't jack the morning reading above 110. Carb bombs seem nearly unavoidable in the holidaze season -- though an out-of-control reading or two might change my mind about avoiding them. The price i must pay: Watching total calories more carefully & increasing total exercise to burn off the calorie slip.

Another hopeful note: After 3 months of watching my diet, my pig-out habits are beginning to change, and my body is becoming more satisfied with a sensible amount of food.

Enjoy the holidaze, enjoy the new child, enjoy the return of the Sun to the Northern Hemisphere. The world isn't scheduled to end until at least 2012 ;>}

cassandra

/**/
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.