Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
My bias would be to dollar cost average money for stock purchases, rather than dumping your annual amount all at once.

Also, my personal bias is not to use money designated as savings to pay for consumer junk or consumer debt. Part of the cost of using credit to buy consumer junk is that you should expect to pay the interest charges that go along with it.

That may not be completely rational, since money is fungible, but that's the way I aim to operate. The end result is that I buy less consumer junk and usually pay nothing in interest charges to buy it ---so in the end it makes sense, at least for me.

I do give a measure of credit to such arbitrary rules to helping me achieve financial independence at age 49....

Seattle Pioneer
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.