Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
My brother gave me a couple of fresh jalapeno peppers from his garden, but I am at a loss as to what to do with them.

It would depend upon their “heat” and your tolerance to that heat. There are quite a number of jalapeno pepper cultivars available that range in “heat” from almost sweet to belching fire from both ends for a week. This spring I gave my brother a few jalapeno pepper starts that the seed was labeled “mild”. He e-mailed me over the week end that they had almost no heat when he wanted to use them in his Thai green curry. I told him that I allow them to turn red and use them fresh on my nachos.

Among the other uses, you can also pickle them, dice and freeze them and/or make hot sauce.
;-)

C.J.V.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.