Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
My brother's wife has been working for about two years. She quit and doesn't work anymore. She has about 2400 in retirement with that company and they want to know if it is possible to roll something like that over into a traditional or roth IRA. Any one have any ideas?

Yes, they should be able to rollover to an IRA. If they don't have, find a custodian for your IRA account, ensure the check is made out to the custodian, otherwise, amount is subject to tax and you probably will have to make up that amount to avoid paying 10% penalty. Good luck.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.