Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
I have only recently discovered your boards. Like millions of other Americans, I found myself in a difficult situation and was forced to file bankruptcy in 1998. I have learned many valuable lessons from my experience. I am a licensed lawyer, now stay at home mom with some time on my hands. Now that I am in a position to try to help others, you change your format and want to charge me for the privilege of helping others. Check out my posts on the Living under Bankruptcy board. I don't post on any other Fool board, I hope to someday; but right now, my focus is living on what I earn and paying off the rest of my debt.

For most of your posters, $5 a month is nothing; for some, it is prohibitive. For me, the issue is why should I pay $60 a year to provide free (non-binding) legal advice to your subscribers.

Maybe the bigger question is whether you, the Fools, are willing to underwrite the cost of few message boards for the greater good. Or do you just want those of us who don't have assets to invest to go away?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.