Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
My comments to Kim's predictions...

Great work by Kim and I do miss Wagstats. I wish Doug had the time still to do them. I always used the Wagstats as a reality check on what I had just completed. It was always a nice drenching of cold water on my unrealistic perceptions.

California being projected in the top half of anything surprises me considering the combination of lousy pitching and offense that have combined the last few years. The fans in CAD are itching for a great rotation again and ache for the years in the 80's when the ream regularly had a top five staff. I hated my draft this year and reached too far on some of the prospects. Many of you did better getting prospects that are more ready.

As long as Jackson property Desmond is at SS in Washington, Espinosa will be a 2b, so Malibu didn't really lose out on a shortstop.

HAL has always been a lousy manager and Doug does gain an advantage by taking time to customize lineups for series rather then sending out a whole month of generic righty and lefty lineups like I do. That said, there is always the option of learning how to use SuperHAL. I have always wondered how much better a manager SuperHAL would be.

I am glad that Galapagos is turning around and that a couple of my draft picks are helping (Cargo and Price). At least I can help others win. I don't know why I draft better for teams that I am helping with than I do for my own team.

Mike Harrison used to always say that some teams are built better for HAL than others. Arizona just may have been a team that needed more guidance than a HAL coached team can give. It seems that if you have a team that is platoon-lite hitting and pitching (cards that are more equal on both sides) it improves a teams results with HAL all other things being equal, like actual talent.

Kim, great job as always.

Anybody else have comments?

Roger
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.