Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
Here's what I said when I picked my long candidate ENMC

I'm going to go long on ENMC, a small cap orthopedic products company with a great technical chart. A side note is that it has a only 10 million shares and only a 4 million float and a ADV of around 25K shares, although the last few days it has traded around 200K shares. I normally would only trade in stocks that have an ADV of 250K shares traded, but since this is only a fun contest, and a $3 stock has a lot of upside potential, I'll break my own rules for your contest. Also, there has been some recent insider buying. Here's the chart:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=ENMC&d=c&k=c3&a=m26-12-9,r14,v&p=e50&t=1y&l=on&z=m&q=l

When you develop rules for a TA system, never break them, like I did for my long pick. When I bought ENMC at $3.17, I would have entered a 12% stop loss at 2.78. Therefore, today I would have been stopped out, if strictly following my own system. But that's not the rules of this contest.

FWIW, I would buy to cover VRSN (my short) at 41.84, which will likely happen tomorrow.

NukeJohn

PS. Don't base your opinion of my TA System on these two picks. As I stated, with my system, you'll get stopped out 30-40% of the time, for small losses, but the system lets your big winners ride. I'm afraid ENMC and VRSN will be 2 of the ones that fall in the stopped out category.

NukeJohn
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.