Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
my dad died in 1991 at 72 from a bungled heart bypass surgery. . My mom got the Telco Pension (NY Tel later taken over by Bell Atlantic).....my dad had set up the pension so there was survivor benefits. Mom did OK with that and dividends from the AT&T /Baby Bell stocks she had.

She was covered by their Medicare supplement...don't think she got vision...not sure...or dental...

She got SS, too.....from my dad's work.....

she lived to 82.

They didn't have 401Ks back then.

Glad it worked out so nicely for you.

The oil companies will be around for another 10 years...they'll just be getting smaller and smaller each year (they are basically liquidating themselves, selling assets by the billions, raising cash) ...just to keep up 'cash flow' and be able to pay the dividends and spend on CAPEX.

There is no more growth for the oil majors. Their sun is setting.

t.

t.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.