No. of Recommendations: 1
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/25/opinion/sunday/my-dark-cal...

I haven't lived in CA for 10 years, but now making plans to move back in January, it seems like a lot of people are unhappy there.
Print the post Back To Top
Interesting article. Having lived in Cali for the past 50 plus years I can relate and understand the feeling.
No. of Recommendations: 0
But is this just a function of getting old, or is it something specific to CA? I think it's the former, but am not totally sure.
I would suspect that it is a bit of both. The older I get the more I think and sometimes speak about the "good old" days. I don't think it is unique to CA but perhaps more noticeable. CA has been the center and first for so many things. Music, environmental concerns, social revolutionaries, etc.
No. of Recommendations: 3
I haven't lived in CA for 10 years, but now making plans to move back in January, it seems like a lot of people are unhappy there.

There's a lot of unhappy people everywhere.

Sure, the crowds are kind of a downer, and it takes planning to avoid having a day trip made less pleasant by traffic....

...but yesterday was as gorgeous as it gets at the beach. Tropically warm and glassy.... I saw a humpback breach and manta ray flying like in Mexico....

..and if you go to the mountains midweek when school is in session, you'll be alone most of the time.

...and if you don't insist on paddling out at a name spot like Rincon or Malibu, there is plenty of unridden beach break.