Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I went to Cincinnati OH for an MS event - Empowering you to be (something or other). Special guest - Clay Walker. yummie (very hot, very married, very very funny).

Had a great time, realized that there is a couple of things I haven't addressed in the 4 years I've been on medication for this damn thing - being a person of strength. I've dealt with it using humor, even from the moment the doc told me what I have.

I need to look at this in a different light, but not sure how to anymore. I've made so many jokes, this thing has become a joke. My doctor's visits are nothing more than "you're doing good!" How do I take it more seriously now?

Clay mentioned that you can't take yourself too seriously, but you need to have a vision for yourself. I've never really HAD a vision for myself, it was always "I'll get married, and be a stay at home mom, like my mom". Well, that sure as *&^% hasen't happened yet. Everything I've latched onto in the past few years, someone has turned into "you can't do that" (and totally kills my motivation with a lecture), or "here's a bazillion website with info you need to follow".

UGH! I need to find a vision of my own, one independent of others, one that brings some peace into my life.

Help?
Heather
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.