No. of Recommendations: 0
Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy. That’s been true of the last few weeks, and I wonder if that’s true on larger fractal-type scale as well. Market psychology is expecting a recession, so it will probably create one, possibly simply to get it off its collective mind. I continue to be concerned one fractal level higher, with the growth of the US debt. The bifurcation of the economy is worrisome, as well. Some see a marvelous recovery. Others may see the need for multiple jobs in the benefit-less gig economy. Leaving a major segment of the society behind is damaging to a republic or a democracy.

Internationally, oil is below $50, which is destabilizing for some countries; several currencies are dramatically devalued; a few countries (particularly Venezuela) are experiencing uncontrolled inflation. Even with Bitcoin’s recent crash, it is a preferred currency in some markets.

There’s a recovery, but not necessarily stability. In an unstable system, there can be a series of increasingly higher highs and lower lows. We just experienced a highest high. I worry about a following low.

(I've also collected links to the other discussion boards and my stocks over on my blog http://trimbathcreative.wordpress.com/2018/12/31/semi-annual...)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.