Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
INTRO Here's my semi-annual exercise to see if I remember why I own the stocks I own, and so I can check back and see if their stories have changed. I post in case it helps others too.

Real Goods Solar
RGSE (was RSOL, market cap was $0.014B mid 2015 is $0.008B EOY2015)
Real Goods Solar is a company that sells the goods and services necessary for solar power installations and for living off-the-grid. The company has been in operation for decades, though with a variety of strategic swings as the industry and the management changed. Despite increasing revenues and an impressive market for solar power, Real Goods has yet to capitalize on the opportunity to make a profit. They should be well-positioned and have had plenty of time to become the expert in the market; yet, the stock continues to slide. The company market cap is now less than many home prices in America. Growing revenues may be all the company needs to succeed, and it is expected to grow revenues; but if management is the issue, then the issue is psychological, not financial and resolution will rely on shifting perspectives, strategies, and tactics. Minds can shift quickly or remain entrenched. That describes my expectation of the company and the stock.

DISCLOSURE LTBH since the mid-2008 IPO. I sold some for diversification and will be interested in buying back in if management convinced me they had a clear, credible strategy, and if my other stocks appreciate first.
(I've also collected links to the other discussion boards and my other stocks over on my blog http://trimbathcreative.wordpress.com/2015/12/31/semi-annual...)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.