Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 6
I had posted last month that my ex-wife's divorce attorney had been found guilty of felony assault of an officer of the court in November (and gone into the whole details).

Well he was setenced today - stumbled on the story on the online version of the local yokel paper. Sentencing guidelines are 1 to 3 months (although could go as long as a year). He got two months in Snohomish County Jail (where I'm sure he'll be loved) in Everett, Washington. This is hardly a garden spot. Because the assault happened in the Snohomish County Courthouse all the judges recused themselves from the case - so the sentence was handed down by a visiting judge from Island County. At least this time he didn't self-represent and had counsel, but the court was not sympathetic for the request of the minimum sentence - suspended. In additionl, he has been suspended by the state bar association pending a review by the disciplinary board, effectively shutting down his practice. The terms of the suspension will not be announced until approved by the review board. No idea about probation, home monitoring, etc. etc. or other requirements.

Can't say I feel any pity...
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.