Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 17
You're not gonna believe this, but it's true!

After some shrub and tree maintenance, I went out to the backyard to do some rose and geranium care this afternoon. While applying some organic (i.e. safe but don't work as well as chemicals) insecticide and chipmunk repellent, I thought I heard a familiar chirping. I walked out into the yard and, sure enough, I saw my little sparrow buddy hopping around the place with its mom.

I was glad to see the little bird, but a little concerned that it was still on the ground. Then, I took another step closer and the little thing flapped its wings and took off to a low yew branch. It didn't fly higher then 3 feet and it didn't fly more than 10 yards while I watched, but we achieved LIFTOFF!

I think it's gonna be a good week.

Cheers,

Steve
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.