No. of Recommendations: 0
Just for fun I'm listing a couple of favorites of mine. Please don't consider this investment advice... I'm more just fishing for comments:

MVL - Marvel comics. They have licensing rights to over 4000 characters and we now have the technology to make the movies about them believable (ie: xmen, spiderman, etc). I've held it since early 99. It was so cheap then I was literally giving away shares for Christmas (to some comic-loving friends). It's gone up over ten times what I paid for it and I expect it to keep climbing if they continue to play their cards right.

PANL - Universal Display corporation. This company is working on OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diodes) technology. The industry is in the infant/toddler stages, but the big guys include PANL, Kodak and CDT (which I believe has it's IPO this week). The tech is a very thin sheet of material that is effectively a computer/television/display screen so thin you can roll it up. There is still a lot of research and tweaking to be done to make it function well long-term. However, the military has contracts with several makers and the industry seems to be progressing. I've held this for a while, and I'm actually at a slight loss right now, but the price is low enough for consideration if the numbers look good to you. I'm also curious to watch this to see if Kodak uses it to continue to move away from it's former heavy reliance on photographic film.

For grins, I'm also in the process of evaluating Pixar, Netflix, Tempur-Pedic and Amgen. They all have products that I either admire, use or otherwise see to be potentially strong long-term investments.

Remember, these are NOT recommendations. Just meandering ideas from a Foolish mind.

Chris
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.