Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
My first pick, of course, is Guinness. Dark, flavorful and complex. If poured properly, the head can support a quarter!

Absolutely the wrong choice for the situation. Guinness is delicious, but it is not the correct choice to refresh when doing hot work. It is more to be contemplated upon completion of the work.

For this situation you will want a lighter, crisper beer. A pilsener will fit the bill nicely, so long as it is a good one. I would suggest the Ur pilsener, Pilsener Urquell. Light, refreshing with just a hint of spiciness from Saaz hops. Any good quality pilsener would do, just not as nicely. Just keep in mind that much of the mass marketed American urine is called "pilsener" and be wary.

For after the work is complete, perhaps the Guinness. If I am going to reach for a stout in that situation, though, I think I would prefer it to be a Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout. That delicious nectar is almost chewy it is so flavorful. Just don't overchill it and deaden it's lovely taste.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.