Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
Today I went out to throw away some stuff that had been in the freezer way too long. The dumpster was open, and on the top was a cardboard box with some books in it. I picked one up just to see what it was and realized that someone threw away about 7 different MCAT books. My wife is about to take the PCAT (pharmacy test). It is very similar. Some things are different (no physics on the PCAT, verbal a bit different), but there are no PCAT books that are really good. She was going to buy MCAT books anyway. Well, now she has several of them. There is also a great anatomy book. That will be helpful as well.

They are old (2000-2002), but I doubt that biology has changed all that much in those 2 years. The cats were obsessed with the books for a while. Not sure if it is because they had some fish guts or something from the trash or because they smelled like someone else's home. Either way, they appear clean. Just told my wife to wash her hands after using them.

The books range in price from about $15 to $40, so I figured that is a savings of over $150 since she probably would've bought several books anyway.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.