Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 11
When I started investing three years ago, I had no clue what I was doing. I started by trying to dig through all of the Mutual Funds to find the best performers because I had believed all of the rhetoric about how great Mutual funds are. Then, two years later, having been subjected to subpar and even negative returns I stumbled upon a website, The Motley Fool. I started reading and I couldn't believe it. I thought that I was simply picking the wrong mutual funds. But the TMF told me that I had picked the wrong investment vehicle not the wrong Mutual funds. As I read I came upon an article about Mechanical investing and I thought this is for me. All that I have to do is check my stocks once a month (or for whatever holding period I choose), make the necessary changes and I can make money even beat the major indices? So I thought what the heck I'll give it a try. I chose the RS26 stock screen using the top 5 stocks on the list with monthly rebalancing. That was last September (Sept 12 to be exact). To date I have earned a whopping 360% return on that initial investment. WOW!! Now I know that I can't expect those kind of returns all the time, there might be years when I even lose money. But to be able to easily and succesfully invest is a blessing. Thank you David and Tim for everything that you have done for us, the individual investors.

P.S. I recently reworked my portfolio to include the PEG26 screen. Let's see how I do in the next year.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.