Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
My grandma would periodically make a quilt for each of her grandchildren, I have held on to them like sacred treasures - even though the ones that were made when I was 5 years old are comically small on my adult frame.

I feel a bit odd posting here, since this board is so quiet, but I thought it might be fun to share my latest project since it's a bit odd.

Inspired by a lifetime of playing video games and reading fantasy novels, I have recently taken some classes on blacksmithing, and boy was it way more fun than I initially anticipated. Everything I make is 10x more heavy duty than what I would be able to buy at the store...and I love it!

The only thing I didn't like was buying an anvil, those suckers are not cheap. I went ahead and bought a cheapo cast iron anvil made out of chinesium, which is apparently bad for some reason - https://gallivantingcraftsman.com/guide-best-anvils-for-sale... . IDK, but the anvil is hard and worked just fine for me. All the other tools I needed I built from scratch, which was an interesting challenge. It is mighty satisfying using my own tools.

I'm thinking it may be time to return the favor to my grandma, I should make her something for her birthday which is coming up next month...I'm just not sure what to make her. I s'pose I could make a homemade shepards hook for her garden, but she has not been gardening as much lately, too hard on her old bones : (
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.