Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
My guess is that alot of people are taking selling shares of many stocks (not just JCI) and trying to make a fast buck on some of the Internet stocks. It's amazing how much some of the these stocks have gone up when many of the companies have yet to show a single profit (or even a prospect of a future profit). I'll stick with companies with a history of profits rather than speculate on a new company that *MIGHT* have a profit some day...

Part of the reason for the decline in JCI stock could be because automakers have hinted that sales are slowing. Thinking about it, a lot of vehicles have been sold during the past few years. A person can buy (or lease) only so many cars and trucks. Historically, the auto industry moves in cycles. I have never figured out what percentage of JCI's sales and profits come from OEM rather than replacement equipment and batteries, but it could impact earnings for the next few quarters. You have to understand that mutual fund managers are under pressure to make every quarter an up-quarter. They do not have the luxury like you and I where we can hang on to a stock because we know that the company will continue to perform well. With JCI trading at 52-week lows, this is a great opportunity to buy. I remember reading somewhere that the best time to buy is when everyone is selling, and this is certainly one of those times.

Happy Holidays!

- Wild
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.