Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 5
My husband did that trip going from India to London on the bus, but got off two days early at the end to fly ahead, to surprise me outside my classroom when I was teaching in London!( We were not yet engaged but were very involved)

One of the funny stories he tells about the trip....which was absolutely amazing by the way...is that in the desert, when they needed a comfort stop, the driver would stop the bus and call out "Ladies to the left. Gentlemen to the right!"
But on the last day that he did that, and everyone started to do their business, he drove the bus forward a few yards, and left them looking at each other....

Another story tells how he went through Arab countries hiding his nose because Arabs would stop the bus, and ask the driver, "Any Jews on board?" He said he thought other passengers might know that he was Jewish but no one ever said. He did this trip 1966.

Maryanne
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.