Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
My husband liked the Moody Blues, but all I can remember about them is Nights in White Satin...or Knights in White Satin, which is what I thought at the time ;-)

My mom still can't listen to that. It was played at my brother's funeral. That, and "The End" by the Doors. Those were two of his favorite bands.

The Moody's had a lot of cool stuff. They did one album with the London Festival Orchestra (which included Nights in White Satin and Tuesday Afternoon). But several of their older albums are good. If you listen carefully, there will be little bits of dialogue like "somebody set off an H-bomb today, but it wasn't anybody I knew". :-)

CSN (sometimes CSN&Y) had some nice stuff. Though some wouldn't translate today (e.g. Ohio...unless you know about Kent State, you won't get it).

I'm mostly 60s and 70s rock. A little 80s (not much).

I don't generally like classical music, but there are exceptions. Not that I race to switch the station, but a lot of it doesn't do anything for me. There are some exceptions, though. The Moonlight Sonata is kinda eerie, but relaxing, for example. I like that one.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.