Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

My investment club is looking to add more members.  We currently have 10 members.  We can have a maximum of 15.  If you are in the San Diego area and are interested in joining my investment club, or would like to know more about investment clubs before making a decision, let me know.  Our meetings usually take place in the Greater Mira Mesa area.  You would need to be able to physically attend the meeting, (no teleconferencing allowed), which is why membership would be limited to people in San Diego County.  Starting donation is $560 and the monthly donation after that is $100.  $500 of the initial donation buys you shares in the clubs holdings, as does all of the subsequent $100 monthly contributions.  We only take long positions in stocks, (though we could take long positions in mutual funds, ETFs or bonds if we wanted to, though we have never done so).   We do not short.  We do not buy on margin.  We do not daytrade.  All of our trade decisions are made at the meetings, except for on occasional extraordinary circumstance that I think has happened once in our 5+ years of existence.  Therefore, our shortest holding period is one month, though we would rarely sell a stock in less than a year unless something major happens, (corporate accounting scandal, accepted buyout offer, investigation by the SEC or the Justice Department, etc..)  Our goal is to hold each stock we purchase for 5+ years.  We usually meet the second Thursday of each month.  

If you are interested, you can contact me by email and I will arrange to meet with you to discuss the club.   We can then discuss the club, how it is run, and I can get a feel for if I think you would fit into my club, and you could get a feel of my personality to see if you could get along with me.   After that, you would be free to attend a meeting to see how our meetings are run and to see if you think our club would be a good fit for you.  You would also be able to meet all of the members to get a feel for them and their personalities.  After that, you can make your decision.  If you still want to join the club after all that, you can petition to join the club at the next meeting you attend.  We would then have a secret vote on whether or not we would let you in.  The vote needs to be unanimous for your membership to be approved.

If you have any other questions, let me know.  If you want to know more about investment clubs and what they are, I have a fairly long blog post on investment clubs that I would invite you to read over to see what you think.  Take care and have a nice day.

Craig 

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.