Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
My kids have some friends who eat out EVERY DAY. I'm not exaggerating, the family really does eat at a restaurant more than seven times a week. Talk about food expense.

Since going keto, I've started doing a lot of my own meal preps, so I can better control what goes into my meals. One thing I do is base my meal preps on the proteins that are on sale in any given week:

https://www.reddit.com/r/OgreZed/comments/92x7pi/my_cheap_an...

For example, in one of my extreme examples within that link, I did a meal prep of nearly 7000 calories for under $10, which included over six pounds of chicken thighs (@ $0.87/#) and nearly three pounds of low carb veggies.

However, if I do get something from McDonald's, it's pretty much just one or two McDoubles (without buns). No large fries. No large soda. No shake or apple pie. These days, that satisfies me.

Before keto, with processed foods full of carbs, I was ravenously hungry all the time. I used to buy 5 or 6 Whoppers and Big Macs whenever they were on sale, and still be hungry after finishing them.
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.