Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
My master toilet won't stop running, and I don;t know how to fix it, so I shut off its wsater valve and had to wait a week for my handyman.

Could have been a leaky flapper or a bad fill valve. It's best to replace both at once. Just to be sure.

By the way, I encountered toilets that had no tank or flush valve when I was in Asia. I was mystified. I had to be shown how to work it. The water should go down if you pour in enough quickly. If the level just rises, then you have a clog. But if you dump a couple of liters of water suddenly it should generate the flush. I learned that in Asia. Then you dump more water slowly to refill the bowl.

Knowing more about how toilets work now it should have been obvious from a physics standpoint. But I had never thought about it before (this was 25 years ago). So if one of our toilets is on the fritz, we just dump water until I get to the hardware store to get replacement components.

As for the other stuff...[sigh]...if he isn't interested in TV then you're screwed. Must drive you crazy being watched all day.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.