Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 11
My nominations for Canada's Seven Wonders would be:

1. Indira Singh at Tim Hortons. She's 17 years old, finishing up high school and is planning to be a pharmacist. Nice smile and likes her job.
2. Reg Harkins from England who is now in his second year of opening a coffee shop and is in it from five in the morning 'til eight at night working his ass off.
3. Two young men from Saskatchewan now running an auto detailing shop and are hoping if finances allow to open an auto refurbishing (think hot rods) company.
4. Sunset over English Bay in Vancouver.
5. Hal Silvers, 75, who after years of working for others now has an aluminum boat company making fishing boats. Hal always has time to talk and, if you offer to help move something in his small shop, will gratefully accept.
6. Lloyd, a marine parts representative, who phoned all his clients saying he's going to be laid up because of a knee replacement yet said he'd be back as soon as he can hobble. And he will.
7. The Lady with the Oil Can up the street who oils and greases kid's bikes because she likes doing that.
8. Those who go the extra mile not because it's good business but that they genuinely like what they do.
9. The kid that mowed my lawn and took more time than he thought yet charged me for the time he had contracted and wouldn't take the extra $10 I offered because he thought it wasn't right.
10. Neighbors who make living where you are a joy.

While I am sure edifices make the cut and my list won't, to me Canada's assets go to sleep at night.

MichaelR

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.