Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
My pantry is 5' x 9'. I have my upright freezer in there in one corner, and then I have wire shelves along the long wall. These are about 12" deep, and I use them for general pantry storage. Along the short wall opposite the freezer, DH built a unit that has 2 columns of 3 wire drawers each with the top drawers being smaller, and the bottom drawers being deep. I use these for soft goods such as chips, onions, potatoes, my canning supplies, candy supplies, etc. On top of that, DH built me a countertop that he covered with formica, and I use that for appliance storage such as my food processor, crock pot, rotisserie, etc. I also have shelves above the baskets for storage.

I like the wire shelves because all the dirt falls through to the floor, and I can vacuum easily. I also like the shelves being only 12" deep because I can see what I have, and I don't lose things in depth of the shelf.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.