Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
my personal a/d line is thus - out of 18 positions, 6 are above april 01 lows, 10 above 9/01 lows, and all but one (AMAT) above july 02 low. noting even poster child of bubble CSCO above 9/01 lows and right near april 01 lows. bear markets end when stocks stop going down.

doing my own groping for grunions to counter pimco propaganda. looked at long term records of snp earnings post 1945. regressing on semi-log yields 45 dollars of earnings for 2003. snp therefore selling at 18 times long term earnings trend line. looking back at last few decades when P/E similar i note that interest rates were much, much higher then than now. so back to groping - maybe low interest rates will support higher P/E for stocks or maybe stocks continued P/E contraction indicating that bonds overvalued or you believe long term earnings trend broken permanently and 45 unrealistic number.

looking at those three alternatives, i would bet on supposition 1 or 2 long before supposition 3.

tr
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.