Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
My personal guess is that you will see ES6 before you see FO5 and that ES6 is still a good ways out.

IIRC, Bethesda said they've got two major games in the pipe before ES6. Starfield is obviously one. Fallout 76 is likely the other. There are claims that Starfield is still a decent ways out as well, but who knows. Optimistic timeline would be F76 this year, Starfield 2019, ES6 2020. I can live with 2021 before F5. Less optimistic would be F76 2019, Starfield 2020/21, ES6 2022/23. That might kill me.

That said, Bethesda has now also started pushing back on the reaction to the Schreier story which caused speculation that it's online-only, and subsequent huge backlash (apparently #NotMyFallout was circulating heavily). This now is fueling speculation that it's a base-builder with co-op or single player options. If the game has the ability to be a pure single player game, or even a co-op-only game that does no PvP (similar to The Division), then that's a game I could potentially be on board with.

Still eagerly anticipating their E3 presentation...

- C -
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.