Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
My personal opinion is that Hewitt is right to have different tools in our toolbox. The reality is that just looking at value per se is not the only metric to look at specially for normal human beings that are in the market for retirement at some point.

By not learnings how volume affects the price, how technical indicators influece other players in the market you may not take full advantages of hte market. We could have death money in one stock just because no one likes the stock.

So by learning those tools and marrying them with some TA your results will dramatically improve.

One example (yes, I know this say nothing and there is no statistical evidence on this) NOKIA, the stock has been to the lowest in years, it hit $11 - you had value at around $16 by all means, but the stock kept tanking, why invest your money when stock has strong negative momentum? Some TA may help you to enter into a position where there is more interest in the stock. You will not pick the botttom, but definitely can ride along and your downside is minimal since you have strong foundation based on fundamentals.

Again, I dont see a reason why dismissed the idea overall.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.