Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
My premise is that, once we have coped with COVID (not necessarily beaten, but have a routine to deal with) it will be noticed that the shares of many companies are not warranted - at the same time as rising interest rates offer alternatives to low dividend yield.

I don't think our current game is over, but the end is much closer than the beginning. Make sure you listen to the music and know where the empty chairs are.

I hear you, Jeff. Not sure I hear "the music," but I'm trying.

My guess is that Covid is starting to rear its ugly head yet again. One expert said that since the Delta variant is slowing in the UK it might well do so here. I hope so. But didn't they have stricter mitigation there? And they have 56% fully vaccinated whereas we have 49%. (Source: NY Times) I don't know how many people have been infected in each country. My point is that this appears to be "apples and oranges," so we have no idea when the Delta peak will pass.

How much of an influence does the pandemic have on our stock market?
I really don't know, so please enlighten me if you do.
Print the post  

Announcements

This is a Politics Free Board
Politically charged posts are not permitted on the Metar Board. If you make a political post, and it is alerted, the post will be removed. Thanks!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.