No. of Recommendations: 0
My remote says Samsung. Why would i need a ROKU device if the functionality is built into the smart tv's?

We used to use a Roku device on our old TV but like you we just got a new Samsung and all we have to do is say "Netflix" into the Xfinity (Comcast) remote and it takes us to Netflix. So we got rid of the Roku device and the extra remote.

One thing I don't like about our new Samsung is it's affinity to turn on at all hours of the day. My wife had been out shopping and came home to voices in the house. She thought someone had broken in but it turned out to be the TV. A couple of days later the darn thing came on at 2:30 in the morning.

I've changed the batteries in the remote and at my wife's suggestion I now turn the volume all the way down and turn the remote facing away from the TV when we go to bed. So far no problems. Knock on wood.

Regards,

ImAGolfer
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.