Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
My retirement planning 30 years ago assumed SS/M would not exist when I retired, since they weren't economically sound programs. But they almost doubled the FICA taxes during that decade, so it's lasted a bit longer. Maybe if they double them again?

Instead of doubling taxes our government might want to first go after the waste, fraud and corruption that now exists in our own government.
The IRS erroneously sends out millions of dollars in payments to people who should not be getting them in the first place. Earned income credit checks in the amount of, in many cases, $5,000 were being sent out to people who did not qualify. Millions of dollars worth of checks were sent erroneously to the same address in Latvia. The excuse the government gives is that their computers cannot catch these "glitches".
Enough to make my blood boil.
I should probably watch less news. Maybe then I could get my BP under control.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.