Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
My sense is that you're now in the exploratory stage, and will hire tax and legal counsel to hammer out the details if/when you proceed.

Yes, that is my intent, but I had thought I could do some information gathering from this board to get an idea of things so that I wouldn't go to the professionals blind and uninformed.

I can see that the board generally thinks this is a bad idea for reasons with which I do not agree only because I have more information than I have been able to give the board, and you can only respond to what I have posted. I had thought that I'd put enough info in there, but it seems I was mistaken, and I'm not sure what is missing.

Rather than waste everyone's time here, which is what some folks have suggested I am doing (sorry about that - it was not my intention and I was hoping for a fruitful discussion), we can consider this closed and I will seek information elsewhere.
Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer:
In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.