No. of Recommendations: 0
My simple advice, based on two years of using it myself: Buy Motley Fool Stock Advisor, Hidden Gems, & Inside Value newsletters. Pick a couple of their recommendations each month, & hold until advised to sell them.

No math, no work, net returns.

Byron
(Who does not work for MF, but is up about 20%/year for two years without having to do my own homework)

PS: I agree with everyone who advocated saving more. I make less than half of what you do, live in CA bay area (Sonoma), & yet still my unemployed DW & I are able to save about 30%/year. The turning point was when I started diverting $500 of every twice-monthly paycheck into a brokerage account. After that, it was just like the 401k & IRA money: gone & unremembered... but eventually not to be forgotten...

Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.